This is my second school since I have come to Canada but I transferred here because I like the small size classes Ontario Academy offers. I am now a full-time Grade 11 student at Ontario Academy. They have personalized my timetable so I get a lot of one-on-one attention from my teachers. I like that I can take all my regular Grade 11 courses and that my teachers here are also helping me to prepare for my IELTS exam (International English Language Testing system). I know that my teachers at Ontario Academy care about me and that they will help prepare me for university.
- Mary W., Grade 11
I transferred to Ontario Academy from a public high school located in downtown Toronto. I felt I wasn't learning as much as I could at my old school since there were so many students in each class and the teachers don't spend that much time with you. At Ontario Academy, the lessons were suited to my pace and the teachers were very helpful. In particular, I like Ms. Ling and Ms. April, who taught me math and science. I struggled with science a lot at my old school but Ms. April explains the subject very clearly and for the first time, I was able to feel confident in my classes.
Since I am in my grade 12 year, I applied to university. I received help from the guidance counselors at Ontario Academy when I had questions about my university choices and my application. I'm very happy to say that I'm going to Waterloo for next year!
- Desmond G., Grade 12, Class of 2015
Currently studying Mathematical Physics at the University of Waterloo
I came to Ontario Academy from another school. I like the small classes at Ontario Academy and I have a more flexible schedule.
Because I want to go to university, I have to take an IELTS test. I took classes at Ontario Academy to prepare for IELTS. My favourite teacher is Daniel, because he explains things very well and was very patient. I don't like writing in English but I learned a lot about it from Daniel.
When I was doing my university application, I found some things confusing and didn't know how to do it. The teachers and staff at Ontario Academy answered my questions. With the support from Ontario Academy and the teachers, I got into McMaster University, which is the one I want to go to the most.
- Tony T., Class of 2015
Currently studying Economics at McMaster University
Ontario Academy has a 100% university acceptance rate! See our students' successes below!
- Frank Han- Accepted into University of Waterloo Honors Science program.
- Christopher Chu - Accepted into Wilfrid Laurier University for Musical Arts Program.
- Chris Liu - Accepted into University of Toronto for Computer Science
- Crystal Z. - Accepted into OCAD University for Industrial Design
- Fangcheng H. - Accepted into Wilfrid Laurier University for Criminology with a $1000 entrance scholarship!
- Hao S. - Accepted into Carleton University for Computer Science with a $12,000 Entrance Scholarship!
- Jacky Liu - Accepted into Brock University's BBA program
- John Wang - Accepted in University of Toronto for Communications
- Oliver T. - Accepted into University of Toronto for Social Sciences and Humanities
- Tim Wu - Accepted into Lakehead University for Computer Science
- Toby He - Accepted into Simon Fraser University for Interactive Arts and Technology
- Daphne Yang - Accepted into OCAD University's Advertising program
- Frederica Ma - Accepted into University of Toronto's prestigious Rotman Commerce program
- John Bu - Accepted into University of Toronto for Engineering
- Vicky W. - Accepted into Ryerson University's School of Media for Media Production
- Winda Hao - Accepted into McGill University's Faculty of Medicine
- Desmond W. (Grade 12 English, Math, Science) - Accepted into University of Waterloo for Mathematical Physics
- Eddie H. (Grade 12 English) - Accepted into OCAD University for Industrial Design
- Steven L. (Grade 12 English, Math, Science) - Accepted into University of Waterloo for Mathematical Physics
- Tom Z. (Grade 12 English, Math, Business, IELTS) - Accepted into University of Toronto's Scarborough Campus Pre-Management program
- Tony T. (Grade 12 English, Math, Economics, IELTS) - Accepted into McMaster University's Economics program